The Global Investment Performance Standards, known as "GIPS," are universal voluntary standards used by investment firms and investment managers for quantifying and presenting investment performance that ensure fair representation and full disclosure. The GIPS standards have been adopted in over 40 countries and are recognized globally. ITS Asset Management, L.P. made its initial claim of GIPS compliance in 2013. Prior to our claim, and each year since, ITS has undergone a firm-wide verification through an independent GIPS verifier. For our earliest composites, ITS is able to provide performance history dating back as far as 2003. Today, ITS continues to maintain compliance with the GIPS standards for reporting firm performance.
What is GIPS?
The Global Investment Performance Standards are a rigorous set of standardized, industry-wide ethical principles that guide investment firms on how to calculate and present their investment results, enabling investors to directly compare one firms's track record with another.
To claim compliance, an investment firm must demonstrate adherence to comprehensive rules governing input data, calculation methodology, composite construction, disclosures, and presentation and reporting.
- Ensure accurate and consistent data
- Obtain worldwide acceptance of a single standard
- Promote fair, global competition among investment firms
- Promote industry self-regulation on a global basis
- Promote investor interests and instill investor confidence
How does GIPS benefit investors?
- Enhance ability to compare performance between firms and investment strategies
- Provide consistency in calculation and presentation of performance results, such as frequency of valuation, treatment of large cash flows, and handling of accruals
- Increase transparency through full disclosure of important details on performance data presented, such as fees, composite construction criteria, dispersion of returns, and more
ITS Asset Management, L.P. is an independent investment advisor registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. ITS specializes in creating and managing portfolio strategies using mainly open and closed end mutual funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs), and unit investment trusts. For the purposes of GIPS, variable annuity contracts and their subaccounts are excluded from total firm assets under management. ITS includes all discretionary and non-discretionary, fee-paying and non-fee-paying accounts, in the firm’s total assets under management calculations. ITS Asset Management, L.P. claims compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®). See a complete list of firms claiming GIPS compliance here. Contact ITS via the contact form on this website, or via telephone at 724.745.2300, for a complete list and description of composites and/or to request a compliant presentation.